Re: [tlug] memoribo + linux

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, John Mettraux wrote:

did any of you give a try at one of those :
http://blog.memoribo.com/

I was interested in buying one, so I played around with it for a bit at Bic Camera. It's not terribly sophisticated; it basically just displays stuff on the screen and that's it. It doesn't appear to do anything for you that paper flashcards wouldn't except perhaps store more in a smaller space.

I came away thinking that the time it would take to reverse engineer
this would be better invested in building a little keitai Java
application to do something similar. It would certainly give you far
more scope for adding new and interesting features.

Unfortunately, I did some consulting for Cerego (cerego.jp), and signed
a non-compete agreement, so I can't really work on anything like this
without their permission. But they were working on a mobile version of
their application at one point, and also looking at adding the ability
to create your own content. Their application is quite a bit more
sophisticated than this; you might have a look at it and see if it can
work for you.

cjs