Re: [tlug] rsync / ssh error after Debian reinstall

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 01:14:55PM +0900, Charles Muller wrote:
> I've just reinstalled Debian Etch, using Gnome for the first time after
> a few years of KDE. I was able to get just about everything running as
> it was right, but when I tried to rsync up to my web server, as follows:
>
> chuck@example.com:~$ rsync -uvptl -e ssh /mnt/win_d/docs/www.acmuller.net/public_html/ddb/*.xml acmuller@example.com:public_html/ddb/
>
> I received the below error:
>
>     rsync: Failed to exec ssh: No such file or directory (2)
>     rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(86) [sender=2.6.9]
>     rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
>     rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at io.c(1122) [sender=2.6.9]

	You might want to check to see if the ssh executable is available
on BOTH the source machine AND the target machine.  I got bit by that once
and from the error message it seems like rsync is trying to pipe to ssh
but cannot find the ssh executable

	Or sudo apt-get install ssh (and friends)

Cheers,
Alain