Re: [tlug] dhcp.conf

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 02:09:35AM +0900, Shawn wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I can configure eth0 on board in fc3 fine either with dhcp or
> statically.
>
> maybe I will do a fresh install of fc6 with the onboard nic disabled in
> bios and try the pci card as eth0 again.
>
> Sorry for any confusion.  Lots of it here though.

That's ok, that's how we learn.  However, have a look at that link of
how to ask questions the smart way.

 href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

See, right now, we don't know what your ethernet card is, etc. etc so we
can't be of that much help.

Give us the brand names of the cards, see what happens when you do
ifconfig eth0
ifconfig eth1

See if there is anything or if it says no such device or device not
configured, etc.

If it worked in FC3 it should work in FC6 so I'm guessing there's a
chance that you missed something during installation--it's easy,
especially when you're getting used to these things, to miss various
important settings.  (Actually, when you're experienced, it is also
easy, because you pay less attention, thinking that you know what you're
doing. )  :)

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Xander: You're considered somewhat cool.
Oz: I am?
Xander: Is it because you always tend to express yourself in
short, non-commital sentences?
Oz: Could be.