Re: [tlug] VNC and security

Joe,

Thanks for your explanation.

What I don't get now is:

1. If I need to leave my SSH server running to listen for SSH connections, why is that more secure than leaving my VNC server running to listen for VNC connections?

2. I tried changing my SSH connection in Putty to use a different port than 8443. But it doesn't seem to connect on any other port, despite all my attempts to open the other port on my router and my firewall. Is 8443 dedicated to SSH or something?

ï--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
Kernel 2.6.17.7