Re: [tlug] Good XML Parser

On 12/13/06, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Are you sure you're using a native SAX implementation?  The whole
point of SAX is to avoid building a full DOM representation; that
could take a long time and a lot of memory.  If you're just using a
SAX API wrapped around DOM, you are going to be slow.

Exactly the reason why I choose SAX and not DOM. I figured if I chose an API provided by a fairly trusted group (Apache) that I wouldn't get any strange surprises (wishful thinking, I know). I have no idea how Xerces implemented their SAX API though.

David