Re: [tlug] Japanese version of Freegeek?

On 12/12/06, Ivan Stout <aibanhamano@example.com> wrote:

This is a very interesting possiblity . My employer
actively sponsors volunteering to NPO's [...]

Cool!

Perhaps this calls for a Wiki like site to organize efforts towards
getting this done?

Alain / Kevin Hoang and I will be setting up the TLUG wiki in the next couple of weeks. Light a fire under our collective arse and that could be sooner. :)

Should I request Zev, Alberto and the powers that be to allocate some tlug.jp
space to this endeavor or is it sufficient for me to do something on
my own server and post a link?

Start drawing up your ideas and wait for the TLUG wiki. Then, you can quickly build documentation for your idea and announce it on the list.

Is Mauro active on the mailing list? If not, is there a way I can
contact him to offer my help?

I would suggest subscribing to <tlug-admin@example.com> (same way you did to TLUG--send a mail to <tlug-admin-request@example.com> with a Subject line of "subscribe") and being vocal about your idea. The best way to get people to help out is just to not shut up about it! ;)

I personally like the idea a lot, and I will try to remind Mauro every
time I see him (at least once or twice a week) to ask his wife "pretty
please with cherries on top" to start looking into the requirements
for obtaining NPO status.

-Josh