Re: [tlug] Precheck of open source Ruby projects

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:45:30 +0900, Edward Middleton <edward@example.com> wrote:

Zev Blut wrote:
Here are the projects:

[ Snip app urls]

Are you going to put these in gems or alternatively do you have ebuilds
(before I write them)?

It turns out that gems really suck for applications (i.e. things that want to go in your bin dir of preference).

Ref: http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/20#default_executable

So I am currently not able to get Kwala or Saikuro to play well with
gems.  It creates a new wrapped bin app that breaks the real bin app.
RedNails will have a gem release.  I have some gemspec files for Kwala
and Saikuro I can release if you want to see what to do to get bin to
actually work properly.

All of them will also have a setup.rb style installation.

No ebuilds at the moment, but that would be really cool if you wrote
them!

Thanks,
Zev