Re: [tlug] routers and port forwarding

Jim wrote:

Anyway, I downloaded a program called Portforward that claims to do set this up automatically (but it costs 24.95), ...

What operating system is this program for?

As you have no doubt already determined, its a Windoze program, but the problem I was originally trying to resolve occurred in Linux--I only tried this after I couldn't get any further with the error messages generated by Debian-Azureus.

Anyhow, in my utter ignorance, I had not realized, that at least as far as Bittorrent clients like Ktorrent and Azareus are concerned, apparently a "switching hub" is understood to be the same thing as a "router." After I removed my switching hub, the torrents began to come through again.

What mystifies me, is why everything had been working pretty well for almost a year, and then suddenly the switching hub suddenly became impassible. Well, it works now, and I learned a few things.

Thanks,

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University