Re: [tlug] routers and port forwarding

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Charles Muller wrote:

I am hooked up with optic fiber via e-Mansion, which is basically an ISP foisted on/provided to people who buy new manshons in Tokyo. Obviously I have no router in my own room--I have a wall outlet that I plug into. But am I right in guessing that there must be a router either somewhere in my building, or somewhere else nearby, to which this port forwarding might be applicable?

Right. But the chances are very low that you'll be able to turn on port forwarding; you'd need admin access to the router to do this.

cjs