Re: [tlug] Writing on a CD

> Wanted to transfer some data to a CD. How do I do that.
> Looking for some simple tips on this issue
>
> Linux Redhat 9.0, Have  CDRW drive.

Type:
cdrecord -scanbus

Does it list your cdrw drive? If not life is harder.

But assuming it lists it, making a data CD is two steps:
 mkisofs: this turns your files into a big iso file
 cdrecord: this burns the iso file on to the disk.

Using man, or a google search on those commands, should give you enough
information.

Darren