Re: [tlug] Email address munging in the TLUG archives (C&C)

Edward Middleton writes:

 > The issue is not whether spam gets through but whether legit mail gets
 > through the spam filter.

That worries me a lot, but I have had very little problem with that.
I have a couple of filters (for sex-related language that is not
commonly used in anger, for html content, and for text/html only
messages) that get high rates of false positives, but almost all from
people who never have anything to say that I need to read in less than
about two weeks from the time they send. :-) So in goes into a bin
until I feel like pulling out any FPs, about once a week.

I've never actually had a confirmed loss of mail due to a false
positive.