Re: [tlug] Email address munging in the TLUG archives (C&C)

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

If the majority of TLUG members use closely guarded email addresses as
their posting address, then yes, harvesting is the bigger problem for
the list as a whole.  Otherwise, it's a judgment call.

Even there, I should note that I do have a "closely guarded" e-mail address (for my keitai) that does not show up in a search on Google, Yahoo or MSN. It was ok for the first couple of years, but now it regularly gets a couple of spam messages per day (beyond what my SMTP-level filtering blocks.)

I don't know how spammers got it, but get it they did.

cjs