Re: [tlug] [OT] Hello Kitty Mailer

On 08/12/06, Shawn <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:

> > Hey, nothing posted under my name was posted by a human.  I a cat (not
> > to be confused with ayakat).  (The fat bearded balding guy is a waldo.)

On some level, I don't wonder if he weren't making a reference to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_a_Cat

That is how I took it.

The connection I see is that Dr. Turnbull often uses his word choices to
generate humor as was done (although in a different way) in the book.

Ah, now I did not make that connexion, though now that you mention it, it does seem quite likely.

If you are new to TLUG, you will need additional data to fully
understand his joke. "ayakat" was the username of Ayako Kato, who was
our president for a year or two (2001 - 2003?).

-Josh