[tlug] Time for the can't-beat-spam form?

Shannon Jacobs writes:

 > However, I'm convinced we can define a spam-free email universe by
 > redefining an email system that eliminates the fantasy of zero cost.

It's not a fantasy.  It really is zero cost, in many of the relevant
senses.  That is the force that through the Internet drives the
packets.[1]  That is what makes email universal.

You can have spam-free, and you can have universal.  Pick one, because
you can't have both.

Footnotes:
[1]  1 beer for identifying the reference.  Fully obfuscated, in line
with the thread, of course.