Re: [tlug] best multimedia distribution -- Not Quite

"the best distribution ever created for multimedia workstations, such as
digital audio recording and video editing."

This quote might be a LITTLE misleading.
http://64studio.com/search
I searched for video editing.... ya 16 results, Kino, possibly Open Movie Editor, and Jahshaka .
No Cinelerra which is a good thing.
Between the 3 of them you could probably turn out a pretty decent home movie. Thats about it.
Jahshaka has some very good digital effects and is useful but doesn't support basic video editing features like cross fades and transitions in the timeline. [1]
If you ever used any of them you would know it is less painful to edit video in quicktime pro w/cut and paste.

E./

1. I have used Jahshaka since 1.9 almost 2 years. I like it love and use it but it is no Premier or Final Cut Pro.