Re: [tlug] Planet TLUG?

On 05/12/06, Mark Makdad <mark@example.com> wrote:

Michael Reinsch wrote:

> - Content: Only Linux/TLUG related content no topic restrictions?
> My suggestion: no topic restrictions.

What does the Planet take as an input?  If it is RSS-powered, blog
owners could create a separate feed for the Planet based on
categories/tags that are relevant to the Planet.  I'd prefer that to
linking in *all* of my content,

Good idea.

which includes my thoughts on the Japanese Language Proficiency Test

That was hilarious, BTW. I had just took the test myself, and had a very similar experience. :)

Actually, I would prefer the Planet to have generic living in Japan
content, in addition to any "on-topic" entries. I see it as just
another vehicle to get to know TLUGgers better. If you want to see my
technical output, you can visit www.jmglov.net or read my TLUG posts.
But if you want to see my thoughts on non-technical topics, visit my
(neglected, as of late) blog.

Michael, I like the idea, but I doubt we want the Planet aggregator
running on Hikari--at least, not at first. Can you get back to me with
specific requirements for the software?

-Josh