Munging . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (was Re: Mailing List Archives: The Final Frontier [tlug])

"Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:

> Jim writes:
>
>  > I hope the munging will thwart automated harvesting of email addresses,
>  > but would decipherable by real person trying to reach the author.
>
> Too late.  Spam haruvas have long since surpassed the ability of
> Windows users to decipher anything textual.

It could be an image of text (like the password is presently shown),
possibly mogrified with warping and camouflage to confuse OCR.

Among textual techniques, simple ones, like rot1,
so that .com appears as .dpn.