Re: [tlug] Corega PCC-T Ether card not recognized

> have a look into the config-file for the pcmcia-network-cards (i don't

Thanks for the response, Niels.... I don't know what config file you're
referring to here.... I've searched my system but can't find any file
fitting that description.

> i think i have the same card and there was a typo in the config-file
> (I had the problem in SuSE10 and Ubuntu 6.06) with this special card
> thus it isn't recognized. I think the "c" of corega is not written in
> capital but with a small letter but the card sends as card name a
> "Corega" and not "corega"

So.... I did search my whole disk, and found reference to "corega"
(case-insensitive :-), and indeed to this card specifically, only in
the kernel sources, specifically in

  /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/pcmcia/pcnet_cs.c

(this is under SUSE 10.1).  The "pccardctrl status" command, however,
reports the card as binding to driver hostap_cs, rather than pcnet_cs.
Maybe that's the key to the problem?  In any case, the line in the above
source file shows no upper/lower-case differences with the name as
reported by "pccardctl ident", which suggests that a kernel rebuild
will not (necessarily) solve the problem.

So... maybe the choice of driver to bind the card is where the trouble
is?  Does anyone have a clue how I can change this behavior?

Thanks again,
Dave