Re: [tlug] Japanese HDTV

At Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:50:01 +0900,
Marcelo Martins wrote:
> If not, what about the common analog capture cards? Which one do you
> guys recommend? I've seen that there some brands that are quite
> popular here in Japan (e.g Buffalo, IOData, Logitec, etc.). How do
> they compare to the Western ones (ATi, Nvidia, Hauppage, Pixelview,
> etc.)?

Some products of Buffalo and IO-DATA are supported by ivtv driver. You
can find the detail at the ivtv site.
http://ivtvdriver.org/

> Lastly, if there still isn't a Linux solution for Japanese HDTV, is
> there at least a Windows one (argh...)?

Unfortunately, *NO*, there's not. A possibility is PV3 analog capture
card. It can get from D-terminal but it is not digital.
http://earthsoft.jp/release/PV3.html

It works under Windows, but the card manufacture is very small company
(maybe employee is 2-3 people), so the specification will get easily,
I think.
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok@example.com