Re: [tlug] Displaying UTF8 strings in gdb inside Emacs

Josh:

> But trying the same trick in Emacs's (GNUmacs, sorry, I can't get this
> guy to switch to a *real* Emacs flavour) gdb mode did not work. We
> started Emacs like so:
>
> LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF8 LANG=ja_JP.UTF8 emacs

If you happen to look at TEI-Emacs in regard to your previous highlighting
question, you might want to try it on these files. In general, the
TEI-people have had to deal with utf-8 and other language encoding
problems more than the average user, so these tend to work better in
TEI-Emacs than regular Emacs. But it's still not perfect.

Chuck

Charles Muller
Faculty of Humanities
Toyo Gakuen University