Re: [tlug] help regarding japanese fonts in redhat 9 Shrike

Also any one has idea about the best ide for cobol on Linux, couldnt install
TinyCobol, tried eclipse lemo plugin, any link online which can explain the
cobol editor n tutorials

Hello,

I have used tiny COBOL on RH 7,8, & 9. It was a long while ago so I
cannot remember the installation details. However, I do remember it
was painless. When you had problems installing tiny what were they
(error messages et cetera will help us help you).

The last time I used tiny it was not completely COBOL 85 compliant so
some functionality will be "missing". Your milage may vary now though
as the last time I used it was sometime in 2000.

As for a COBOL IDE I used vim with cobol syntaxt highlighting. Try

:set syntax=on
:set syntax=cobol

Also, if your files have a .cob extension and you have syntax
highlighting enabled vim "should" automatically use cobol syntax
highlighting.

Regards, Keith