Re: [tlug] help regarding japanese fonts in redhat 9 Shrike

> For the OS  Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
> Kernel 2.4.20-8 on an i686
>
> Can anyone tell me which is the best way to enable japanese fonts both
> input and display.

I'd tackle the fonts problem first. I don't have any advice except use a
browser/text editor to test, preferably one where you can easily select
the font. Getting Japanese in terminals is harder (I don't think it
worked for me pre-Fedora).

For the IME, I think you do "service canna start" (and of course if
canna isn't there then find the RPM). That is half the puzzle, and
kinput2 is the other half (again from fuzzy memory).

Japanese input has improved a lot since RedHat 9, but I'm assuming you
have a really strong reason to use an old OS, so don't want to be told
to upgrade :-).

Darren