Re: [tlug] Syntax highlighting for XML Schema (XSD) files in XEmacs

On 20/11/06, Michael(tm) Smith <smith@example.com> wrote:

But note that if you want to have auto-completion when you edit
XSD files in nxml-mode, you'd need to point nxml-mode at a RELAX
NG grammar for the XSD (W3C XML Schema) language itself. (I don't
know if there is actually such a thing.) Otherwise, you'd just be
doing well-formedness editing (not validated editing).

Well-formedness editing is actually fine.

Anyway, the big downside of nxml-mode is that (for some reason),
it doesn't work in XEmacs -- only with GNU Emacs.

But that is a big downside.

But if you can bear to work in GNU Emacs, I think you'll find nxml-mode to your
liking.

Tragically, that is too large of a cross to bear. ;)

Thanks for the tips, though. We'll see if my hatred of GNUmacs is
overwhelmed by my hatred of not having XEmacs auto-indent. :)

-Josh