Re: [tlug] wiki

bruno raoult writes:

 > I just said that a DB it was not necessary for TLUG.

I disagree.  To have a wiki, you must have a database; the basic
architecture (ad hoc, relational, object-oriented, etc), how it's
implemented and what the API is, are different questions.  This
database must satisfy many of the properties (such as A, C, I, and D)
that modern RDBMSes like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle do.  For that
reason I expect it would be convenient to use one of the SQL-oriented
engines.  But it's not necessary to do so, you could use Zope, for
example (picked only because I happen to be familiar with it and it
doesn't implement SQL or tables, at least not directly).

 > Locking or not is not related to the database (as you know for
 > sure).

Of course it is.  If you use somebody's well-designed database, the
database does the locking and you rarely, if ever, need to worry about
it.  If you don't, not only do you have to worry about it, but your
worries will no doubt come true in short order. ;-)