Re: [tlug] wiki

On 19/11/06, bruno raoult <bruno@example.com> wrote:

Josh Glover wrote:

> All of this could be done with flat files and grep, but why reinvent
> the wheel when MySQL / sqlite / PostgreSQL / etc. works just fine?

Agreed. My point was just to say that a DB was not necessary for a small
wiki (after all this will not be wikipedia!).

Administration cost should also be taken into account.

And my point is that using a common database such as MySQL actually *lowers* the admin cost, IMO.

Oracle is a right pain in the arse to keep running, but in my
experience, MySQL requires very little care and feeding.

Anyway, the whole discussion is largely moot, since as Steve (IIRC?)
pointed out, we will be stuck with whatever database backend the wiki
of our choice uses. :)

-Josh