Re: [tlug] wiki

Josh Glover wrote:
>> Locking or not is not related to the database (as you know for sure).
>
> Locking is but one of the database-like features that wikis need. How
> about building and maintaining of link tables? How about indexing
> things for fast searching?
>
> All of this could be done with flat files and grep, but why reinvent
> the wheel when MySQL / sqlite / PostgreSQL / etc. works just fine?

Agreed. My point was just to say that a DB was not necessary for a small
wiki (after all this will not be wikipedia!).

Administration cost should also be taken into account.

But as I wrote in a previous post, if this admin issues are not real
issues for tlug, fine!

br.

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)