Re: [tlug] wiki

>> USB 2.0 *is* on Linux and has been for ages, at least since the mid
>> 2.4.x kernels - 2.4.18 sounds about right. However, the feasability of
>> the switchover depends on what you want to connect to a USB 2.0 port.
>>
> I would be running an external hard drive.  It is a "external mount"
> that you stick any-old EIDE drive into and then plug into USB.

I've tried one of those things that is little more than a cable with USB
plug on one end, IDE plug on the other. It worked on Windows but was
very unreliable on linux (from memory it was going very slowly - maybe
it had detected as a USB 1 device?). That was 9-12 months ago (so a
2.6.x kernel) and I've not tried it since.

Darren