Re: [tlug] NTFS mounting (was: wiki)

On 11/18/06, Mark Makdad <mark@example.com> wrote:
I still haven't decided which distribution yet.  I honestly haven't put
the time into it yet to look and shop around.  In the past I have
mentioned the intention to switchm and some list users kindly suggested
Ubuntu for a relative newbie.  Back in the day (uhm, well, 1999) I used
Slackware for about six months... in 2001 I had a Debian box for about
three months, and in 2003-2004 I dabbled with Mandrake as a dual-boot...

I know that Debian is still relatively active, but neither of the other
two distributions seem to be in good form these days.

Mark

Hello,

All of those distros are still going. Mandrake has been re-badged as
Mandriva and Slackware is still Slackware. Actually Slackware 11 was
released just last month.

As for which distro to go with, that is a difficult question. Go with
which ever you remember being comfrotable with :-)

Regards, Keith