Re: [tlug] wiki

bruno raoult wrote:
Mark Makdad wrote:
This brings up a point I have been thinking about recently.  I used to
use flat text files for everything, before I discovered databases (er,
before the open source databases really caught up with commercially
available ones), and I'd have to say that even for the smallest task,
database-ing my data has generally made my life easier and my filesystem
cleaner.

Agreed.

It means you are comfortable with mysql, postgreql, sybase, oracle,
etc... arent'you?

In our case, mysql. Somebody said previously "SQL" language is standard

Fine. But: Even some DB admin in my company refuse to go from Sybase to
Oracle (both SQL, no?).

br.

PS. You sent your email from a Windows OS, your choice, after all :-).

Oracle is very persnickety. I don't like it much at all. I'm a lot more happy with MySQL. Haven't worked with the others, but it's a lot like Linux versions. If you're used to Debian and you get thrown onto Red Hat, it'll be quite a curve ball, but there will be things you recognize.

I'm on an old window machine too. A laptop owned by work. When it boots it has a cute picture of ME-chan with a Japanese blue screen of death.