Re: [tlug] wiki

Mark Makdad wrote:
> This brings up a point I have been thinking about recently.  I used to
> use flat text files for everything, before I discovered databases (er,
> before the open source databases really caught up with commercially
> available ones), and I'd have to say that even for the smallest task,
> database-ing my data has generally made my life easier and my filesystem
> cleaner.

Agreed.

It means you are comfortable with mysql, postgreql, sybase, oracle,
etc... arent'you?

In our case, mysql. Somebody said previously "SQL" language is standard

Fine. But: Even some DB admin in my company refuse to go from Sybase to
Oracle (both SQL, no?).

br.

PS. You sent your email from a Windows OS, your choice, after all :-).

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)