Re: [tlug] wiki

bruno raoult wrote:

Do everybody know SQL, and repair a database, knowing an index could be wrong (after a crash for instance)?

I see where you're coming from. But on a list of Linux SAs, general computer people, and IT recruiters, I'm sure Josh can find /someone/ to help out ;).

This brings up a point I have been thinking about recently. I used to use flat text files for everything, before I discovered databases (er, before the open source databases really caught up with commercially available ones), and I'd have to say that even for the smallest task, database-ing my data has generally made my life easier and my filesystem cleaner.

What does TLUG think? For a web scripter like myself, is there ever a time where I would be better off with a text file??

Mark