Re: [tlug] htaccess, rewritecond, and wildcards!! [help!]

Ideally I was hoping to avoid having to type in a login and a password
each and everytime. I suppose I may have to switch to that, but I was
kind of hoping to setup an IP (or in this case a hostname) check, and
leave it at that!!

Is there not a system to add a wildcard to the condition? I suspect
there is, but my syntax is off.

Thanks
david

On 11/17/06, Keith Bawden <keith@example.com> wrote:
On 11/16/06, David Bennett <davidbennett1979@example.com> wrote:
>   I am using an incredibly inefficient way to limit visitors to my site.
> I send everyone to a "site down" page except for those ip's that are
> on my "ok" list. (one day I will change this.. but for now... keeping
> it simple!)

Is there any reason to not use basic authentication. Give everyone who
needs it a user name and password. That way they can access the site
from where ever, as long as they have authenticated. This will also
make your job much much easier :-)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/auth.html

Regards, Keith