[tlug] Subdirectory of /home on separate volume?

On one volume, I have my /, /home, /usr and /swap directories taking up
the entire disk. I would like to create another Linux partition on a
separate disk, for music files.

Can I designate that partition as a subdirectory of my /home,
e.g., /home/music? If so, when setting up that partition, should I name
its directory as /home/music, or should it be simply /music, and
defined as a /home subdirectory in some other way?? Or is there a
better way to tackle this issue? If I decide to create a partition for
music files that any user can access, what directory name should I use?

Pretty elementary stuff, no doubt, but I haven't been able to find an
answer.

--
Tenga Wataru, Tokyo