Re: [tlug] antispam tricks

On 16/11/06, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

You may wish to consider changing MUAs.  The most effective and
bullet-proof programs are likely to end up as Sendmail milters.
Postfix implements the milter interface, so you can have your milter
and avoid Sendmail, too.

I am very interested in switching to Postfix for TLUG, because I know it a lot better than exim. The reason that we are on exim now is that it is Jim T's weapon of choice, and while he was hosting the TLUG services, we used it.

The decision is ultimately Henri's to make, but if he does not feel
strongly one way or the other, I would like to switch. Postgrey is a
nice added bonus, and we can certainly use a proxy-based solution like
ASSP with any mailserver.

Of course, this is really a discussion for:

a) when Henri gets back from vacation, and
b) the tlug-admin list

:)

-Josh