Re: [tlug] Firefox font configuration

> Which begs the question: why exactly are you using 2.0? If it worked
> in 1.5, and 1.5 ain't broke... you see where I am going with this,
> right? ;)
>
> Seriously, Firefox has a history of early releases of new generations
> being a bit buggy. I'd suggest waiting for about 2.0.5 or so--in fact,
> I plan to before jumping on the Firefox 2 bandwagon.

I noticed mozilla are copying fedora in encouraging/forcing users to
upgrade: they'll stop support (including security fixes) for firefox 1.5
in April next year [1].

Which begs the question: will all the possible security exploits be
found and fixed in the next 6 months?

BTW, the firefox 2 roadmap says: "Firefox 1.5 and 2 are compatible from
a web developer's point of view. New APIs may be added, but existing
ones should not be removed." [2]

So if hot-keys worked in firefox 1.5 but not in 2.0 you could file it as
a bug?

Darren

[1]: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/releases/1.5.0.8.html

[2]: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html