Re: [tlug] Detect firewire drive

> It may depend on the hardware (on both sides) but with what works every
> time for me is plugging the cable in with *both* sides already powered on.

Cool - that made no difference after modprobe sbp2 and ieee1394 but then
"modprobe ohci1394" and it sprang into life! Thanks very much for your
help (and thanks to Josh as well).

As an interesting side note getting access to unplug the cable was a
major operation but I discovered this drive also has a USB2 port! USB
has always auto-detected better than firewire so I may try that next
time I need to burn a disk.

Darren