[tlug] FTTH providers

I spent yesterday in Yodobashi Camara Akihabara trying to get the
details about the current FTTH options. Where I am I have the option of
Tepco, ひかりone(hikari one) or B-flets. There is currently a campaign
running for ひかりone which makes it under 5,000 yen/month for a home
connection. This sounded great until I found out[1] firstly, there is no
option for static IP, and secondly they supply the router and won't give
any details about how it is setup. The second point is an issue because
I want to run servers accessible from the Internet. Is anyone using ひか
りone? Is anyone using ひかりone and running servers? I suspect the
second issue is just that they don't wont to support customer hardware,
and that they probably still just use standard methods to connect, but
the technical support person either didn't know or was refusing to
clarify the situation. The alternative B-flets offering was about 2,000
yen a month more and came with a penalty clause if quit before 2 years,
but it had the option of a static IP for a mere 10,000 yen extra a month[2].

Edward

1. I was going to use DION so the following was determined mostly by
calling the DION technical support number.
2. I presume that was per month because it would seem strange to have a
once off charge.