Re: [tlug] [hardware] 802.11g PCI card

On 11/12/06, bruno raoult <bruno@example.com> wrote:
I would like to replace my old 802.11b card with a 802.11g one.
Do you know a common model (ie that I could find in any shop here)
that works well with Linux?

Or could I try any one without any fear?

Thanks,

Bruno.

I can't comment on local availability, but I have a Proxim Wireless ORiNOCO Gold 11b/g card (model: 8470-FC) that works just fine.  It has the Atheros chipset which is supported by the MadWifi driver:
http://madwifi.org/
It also has an external antenna connector if you wanted to get better range out of it.

Jesse