[tlug] Internet Providers

Title: Message
I have a question that is partly off topic.

How hard is it to find an internet provider that provides static IP addresses, and allows their customers to point a domain name to their IP address?

I am hoping to get a house or apartment in the Yokosuka area in the near future, and am wondering what is available.  I know that YahooBB is in the area, so I imagine that some form of broadband more directly through the phone company is probably available as well.

:-)

Any assistance would be appreciated.