Re: [tlug] Novel embraces Microsoft

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:30:32 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> http://tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html
>
> Set the CSS property to the invalid one that works for IE, then
> override it in what IE treats as a comment. Standards-compliant
> browsers then get their standards-compliant CSS, and IE gets what it
> deserves. ;)

Nice hack.

Of course, it begs the question, why the *##$!@?? should anyone go to
all this trouble just to satisfy the quirks of one particular stupid
browser when other, browser-independent methods exist? If it means
using the evil GIF format then so be it. Otherwise I know how to use
the GIMP and can create the required effects in JPEG files.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

The only person to get all of his work done by Friday was Robinson
Crusoe