Re: [tlug] Novel embraces Microsoft

On 09/11/06, Keith Bawden <isdj@example.com> wrote:

stephen@example.com wrote:

> Which part of "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED" are you having trouble
> understanding? ;-)  I'm sorry, there is no "implied consent", not for
> intellectual property, anyway.  Fair use is not a license, for
> example.

I have never actually understood what "all rights reserved" actually
meant :-/

It is quite simple.

"I am handing you this foo, but I still own *everything* about it. You
are simply carrying it, and I may do anything I want to it, including
destroying it, taking it back, changing it without your knowledge or
permission..." and so on, ad nauseum.

-Josh