Re: [tlug] Re: Multimedia Distros _out_of_the_box_

On 09/11/06, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

I don't use linux for the thrill of it, just to get my development work
done (as well as browsing, email, watching videos, etc.). I hate
up-to-speed time on something that isn't part of my main purpose in
life.

Then why did you upgrade at all?

Unless you are dying for a new feature or bug fix, why change anything
in a working environment?

I have not "upgraded" my distro since I installed it on my new laptop
three years ago. I reinstalled from backup when a hard drive failed,
and I have certainly upgraded bits and pieces of software as needed,
but never installed a "newer" "version" of Gentoo.

If it ain't broke...

-Josh