Re: [tlug] Upgrading Sucks (was: FC5 Sucks: firewire drive/videos)

>> I've had no end of trouble since upgrading to Fedora Core 5 from version
>> 4.
>
> *If it ain't broke, don't fix it!*

But I also want my cake and to eat it: I want the new stuff without the
old stuff breaking :-).

FC5 has some nice things. Anthy is the first linux IME that is as good
as the Windows one. Firefox 1.5 allows me to drag tabs to re-order them.
Thunderbird 1.5 allows me to detach attachments, without having to
delete the whole mail. Et cetera.

BTW, Fedora has a relatively short life cycle. I upgraded when security
updates for FC4 stopped. (Yes, I could have switched to legacy, but that
just makes the eventual upgrade harder.) I dislike this aspect of Fedora
even more than the hard-to-setup multimedia. But I also want the new
stuff. FC5 has some nice things. [infinite loop detected, message aborted]

Darren