Multimedia Distros _out_of_the_box_ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] FC5 Sucks: firewire drive/videos)

First, let's review the question, which may have been lost.

Josh Glover wrote:

> On 08/11/06, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

> > and debian doesn't include anything proprietary?
>
> Maybe it doesn't out of the box, ...

then it doesn't seem to address Mr Cook's question.

> ... but it should be as simple as a few
> apt-gets involving mplayer and friends, I would think.

We're all aware that almost any main-line distro can be added to,
(even FC5) but that's often a hassle. With apt-get, does
one has to know what to ask for? Figuring out what to ask for
can be a hassle.

Of course, Mr. Cook could make this moot by saying that he's
amenable to doing _some_ work to modify the "out of the box" distro.

Mr. Cook, what about your question Q3 would you confirm and/or refine?