[tlug] Gentoo initscripts - depend function

Hello All,

I have googled my arse off to no avail on this one so I was hoping to
find help here :-)

I need help understanding how depend() in Gentoo init scripts works in
more detail. Specifically where are virtual dependencies defined?

For example my sshd initscript has "need net" as a dependency and it
appears that in this case the service that meets this dependency is
net.eth0. What I would like to do is to meet this dependency  with
net.eth0 OR net.eth1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Keith