[tlug] Xming - COOL!

I found this cool app on my web travels and thought I'd share it.

Very basically Xming is access to your linux GUI & apps from a windows box.
i.e. X forwarding over shh. It's light weight and really easy to configure.

This might appeal to anyone who:
- is in a multi-OS environment.
- needs access to their home linux box from their office win box.
- enjoys the buzz of seeing their linux desktop on their win desktop.

This may not appeal to anyone who is comfortable with the command line as straight shh client is already your friend. i.e. PuTTY

This blog has a good intro.
http://blandname.com/2006/10/19/manage-linux-workstations-using-xming/

Xming website.
http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/

sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming

Greg.

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows or gates?
-Graham Williams