Re: [tlug] CJK Printing from Web Browsers in Debian 3.3.2

Josh Glover wrote:
On 01/11/06, Bart Mathias <mathias@example.com> wrote:

I can't print CJK text from Thunderbird or Firefox.  I read "CJK
Printing from Web Browsers in Centos 4.2," a thread from last November
about a similar problem with great interest, but I still can't do it.

OK, there are a few things that could be preventing you from doing
this successfully, but we'll need a little more information from you
before we can help.

Thanks for the quick response! I had no time to answer the questions yesterday...

1. What model printer are you using?

It's an old Star NX-2420 Rainbow. I still have several hundred sheets fan-fold paper to go, then I'm going to replace it with a laser.

2. Are you using CUPS or lpr-ng to print?

CUPS

3. If CUPS, give us *all* the settings of the printer (screen shots of
the UI will probably be the easiest way to give us this).

I don't think I know how to get what you need, here. localhost:631/printers gives me this: http://barts15.htohananet.com/snapshot25.png and clicking "Configure printer" for LC24-100 brings up only this: http://barts15.htohananet.com/snapshot26.png

None of the other buttons bring up anything more interesting.  And why is
the quality of my screenshots so bad, I wonder.

4. *Everything* revealed by "about:config" when filtered by "print"
(again, a screenshot is probably the way to go).

That's almost four screensful, and barely legible; not being sure of exactly what is relevant, I didn't touch it up:

http://barts15.htohananet.com/snapshot1.png
http://barts15.htohananet.com/snapshot2.png
http://barts15.htohananet.com/snapshot3.png
http://barts15.htohananet.com/snapshot4.png

Looking forward to what you make of any of this.

Bart Mathias