[tlug] Re: alc.co.jp webservice

Ian MacLean <imaclean@example.com> wrote:
>> I've been working on a simple personal dictionary app using edict and I was
>> thinking it could be useful to optionally grab the results from
>> alc.co.jp/eijiro. Does anyone know if there is a webservice interface to it
>> ? or failing that a perl script to scrape the html ? Just thought I'd check
>> here before I write such a beast myself.

WWWJDIC links to the ALC/Eijiro server for each displayed entry. Try
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jwb/wwwjdic?1MDJhagiri  and
look at the "[A]" link on the RHS. The URL generated is:
http://www2.alc.co.jp/ejr/index.php?word_in=%BB%F5%C0%DA%A4%EA&word_in3=PVawEWi72JXCKoa0Je
and it works fine.

I think the "word_in3=PVawEWi72JXCKoa0Je" is to stop people doing what
you are planning to do   8-)}

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554