Re: [tlug] Looking for advice on the best way to rebuild a gentoo box

Josh Glover writes:

 > > By the way, is there a way to get portage to emerge something masked
 > > by a missing keyword and still maintain system sanity?  "ebuild
 > > thepackage.ebuild" is apparently not recommended. :-(

 > Use OVERLAY_PORTDIR, it is safer.

I was afraid of that.  xpvm (the GUI manager for the Parallel Virtual
Machine) spews a zillion warnings because of the lack of "const" on
some variable declarations.  Now that I've got a local ebuild I'll
feel compelled to try to fix them. :-(

I've already found a couple of real "sizeof(int) != sizeof(void*) on
amd64" problems, so I probably would have had to do this anyway.  (I
*think* that all the data that gets truncated was originally stuffed
in there from ints, so it's *probably* OK, but....)

Thanks!

Steve