[tlug] Open Source Licenses

burlingk@example.com writes:

 > Which open source license does everyone prefer?

Whatever my upstream is using, if I've got an upstream.  Something
compatible with whatever any of my downstreams wants to use.

Except that I'd walk a mile to avoid the GFDL.  Where "use the Source,
Luke" is the watchword, source are docs and docs should be in the
source.

N.B.

 > I am looking at the GNU site as we speak, as well as reading over OSL
 > 1.0,

OSL is up to 3.0 at this point.  It would be interesting to see if
OSL/AFL have gotten cruftier or cleaner over time (I haven't done the
comparison yet, myself).